Anne M. Liljenstrand, PhD
Effective Communication Managing Director - The Bader Group
Dr. Liljenstrand is a seasoned leadership and organizational development practitioner with over 20 years’ experience guiding leaders, teams and organizations in becoming increasingly successful. As the Managing Director of The Bader Group – a leadership, organizational development, and executive coaching firm – she partners with organizations to provide Executive Coaching, Strategic Planning, Skill building and Leadership workshops, and facilitated sessions building high performing teams. Clients include Fortune 500 corporations as well as privately held companies primarily within Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, High-tech and Healthcare. She is bilingual and has served as a Coach to the United Nations Secretariat, partnering with professionals around the world building leadership and managerial skills, and over the past 15 years she has provided her services as an Executive Coach at the Center for Creative Leadership, where she has also served as a Mentor Coach, training incoming Executive Coaches.
She has taught in the UCSD Master of Advanced Studies in Clinical Research program since 2008 and serves as the Module Director for the Professional Development Seminar: Communication and Professional Skills. The objective of the class is to strengthen one’s workplace communication and professional skills through self-awareness, new knowledge, and skill practice. Communication style, feedback skills, managing conflict, working as a team, workplace brand and ability to influence is covered. The class is interactive and utilizes applied practice with the goal of ultimately assisting the students with developing the skills necessary in today’s workplace.
Trained in both Industrial-Organizational and Clinical psychology, she naturally considers organizational cultures, politics, and individual dynamics throughout her work. She is a Board Certified Coach and also holds a PCC certification by the ICF. She has a minor in Business Administration and a major in Psychology from Western Washington University, and a Ph.D. in Dual Clinical and Industrial-Organizational Psychology from the California School of Professional Psychology. She has authored and coauthored research and articles including: Coaching Services: A look at coaches, clients, and practices, published in the peer review Consulting Psychology Journal.
- Serves as an Executive Coach to C-level Biotech and High-tech leaders
- Served as an Executive Coach to healthcare leaders enrolled in the prestigious Carol Emmott Fellowship Program https://carolemmottfellowship.org/
- Serves as a preferred Executive Coach for UCSD Health
- Facilitated Senior Leadership team sessions for biotechnology company focused on strengthening communication, building trust and creating a high performing team
- Designed and delivered workshops on the topics of: Leadership Success through Effective Communication and Influence, Minding the Gap: Career Stallers & How to Support those Around You, Self-Advocacy and Branding
- Converted ‘Professional Development Seminar: Communication and Professional Skills’ to an online class and taught it twice
- Produced version 2 of The Bader Group Trust Cards utilized to build and strengthen trust within teams and between colleagues https://www.badergroup.com/products/trust-cards/
- Designed and delivered workshops for Women’s mentorship program at a large High-tech corporation