Applications are now open!
All students are required to start in June (i.e. Summer Quarter)
Deadline: January 17, 2024
How to Apply
Read through the items below to become familiar with the application process.
Head Over to the Application Form
Use the above 'Application Form' button to begin the application
Select the Intended Department
On the application page, select “Clinical Research” for the Intended Department
Select the Intended Major
Then select “Clinical Research (AS79)” for the Intended Major
Additional notes for International & CREST Applicants:
- International Applicants who will be studying on an F-1 visa must submit their application as early as possible to allow time for visa processing.
- CREST students: UCSD residents, fellows, faculty (including laboratory-based fellows) MUST apply through the CREST program to pay a discounted fee up to 20 credit units. Please see below for the application process & steps.
|Complete an Online Application||Online Application Requirements:
Unofficial Transcripts; Resume; Personal Statement; Three Letters of Recommendation
Select “Clinical Research” for the Intended Department
Select “Clinical Research (AS79)” for the Intended Major
|International Applicants||F-1 Applicants
Please complete an online application: submit a minimum TOEFL score of 85 or 7.0 on the IELTS.
|J-1 Applicants for CORE (Clinical Observership & Research Education) Please contact the Health Sciences International department for application details|
|CREST Applicants||CREST students: You may matriculate into the Clinical Research masters program during other quarters. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.||CREST Online Application
Please note, CREST Applications have to be completed through a separate portal. Please view the Online Application above to apply.
- Statement of Purpose: Your statement of purpose should explain your reasons for choosing the MAS in Clinical Research, what you hope to achieve, and how your previous experience has set you up to succeed in this program.
- Original Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation required, including at least one from a relevant employer. Enter the names and emails of your three recommenders into your application. You may enter more than three names if you wish. Please note: you may pay your fees and submit your completed application before all recommendation letters have been posted.
- Unofficial copies of academic records from all post-secondary institutions attended need to be uploaded into the application for review. Students should have a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Official Transcripts will be required if admitted to the program.
- Current resume or C.V.
- International students must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. (Students should have a minimum TOEFL score of an 85 or IELTS score of 7.0.)
- UCSD’s institution code is 4836.
- Exam must have been taken within the last two years.
- Application will not be reviewed until TOEFL (minimum 85 required) or IELTS (minimum 7.0 required) score has been received.
- NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, UC San Diego will be accepting the TOEFL iBT Home Edition test scores and IELTS Indicator test scores for the 2021-2022 academic cycle. Applicants that do not have in-person testing options may submit the home edition scores as an alternative. Please click here for more information.
- GRE/GMAT not required to apply
- One entry point per year: Summer quarter (July)
- CREST students: You may matriculate into the Clinical Research masters program during other quarters. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Program accepts international applicants studying on F-1 visas
- J-1 Applicants for CORE (Clinical Observership & Research Education) please contact the Health Sciences International department for application details
- Merit Scholarships are available for U.S. Citizens. Please apply at the time of application submission.
- This program is self-funded, and California residency requirements are waived. Program fees apply to both California residents and non-residents, as well as international students. All fees are subject to change at any time.
- UCSD residents, fellows, faculty (including laboratory-based fellows) MUST apply through the CREST program to pay a discounted fee up to 20 credit units.
- Application Fee is $135 for domestic students and $155 for international students.