Professor Cuomo’s expertise in clinical research ranges across the fields of epidemiology, health economics, geospatial analysis, health policy, and global health. As part of the MAS in Clinical Research, Dr. Cuomo teaches the Health Services Research core course and the graduate seminar series. Dr. Cuomo also advises all students on the development of their thesis projects.
- Won grant titled “Underlying Attributes of Regions with Differential COVID-19 Patterns and Models of COVID-19 Spread” from the California HIV/AIDS Research Program to do COVID-19 research. The short-term impact of these deliverables will be the ability to more accurately target communities for disease prevention and mitigation. Findings from this research will help the state of California to better disseminate social distancing messaging and to more efficaciously disseminate medical equipment.
- Was an author on six articles that were published in the first half of 2020 and was lead author on two of those articles
- Taught three courses:
- Co-chaired the MAS in Clinical Research Admissions Committee
- Consulted for the Rockefeller Foundation on a grant analyzing a large database on financial transactions, with the aim of assessing characteristics of derogatory debt
- Consulted for S-3 Research, in partnership with AEEC, which is developing proposals for Google to leverage their technology to help with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Prepared the Clinical Research students for the First Annual Clinical Research Symposium
- Chaired several thesis committees for the MAS in Clinical Research and one for the MA in Global Health
All while taking care of his new baby girl, Camila!
View Raphael’s UCSD Profile