Recent Updates on Some of Our Graduates:
- Abdulrahman Ibrahim (Summer 2013 Grad) is now a Toxicologist for the FDA, Center for Tobacco Products.
- Dr. Aria Vazirnia (Spring 2014 Grad) and UC San Diego Medical 2015 Grad is finishing up his internship in internal medicine at UCLA-Olive View medical center. This summer he will start his dermatology residency training at UC San Diego. He recently became elected to be a journal reviewer for the medical journal “Journal of the Dermatology Nurses’ Association“.
- Dr.Samar Kaifi (Summer 2015 Grad) is in a Canadian residency program for radiation oncology at McGill University.
- Dr. Edward Mariano (Summer 2008 Grad) Chief, Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care Service and Associate Chief of Staff for Inpatient Surgical Services, VA Palo Alto Health Care System, was promoted to Professor of Anesthesiology, Perioperative and Pain Medicine. He also received the VA’s national award for executive excellence: http://www.paloalto.va.gov/features/marianoreceivesaward.asp
- Dr. Khaudeja Bano (Spring 2006 Grad) is now the Head of Device Safety at AbbVie.
- Kelly Lee, PharmD (Fall 2012 Grad), was appointed Associate Dean for Assessment, and Accreditation Director, PGY2 Residency in Psychiatric Pharmacy, at UC San Diego’s Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science.
- Dr. Emily Lukacz (Fall 2005 Grad), received a U01 NIH grant from NIH/NIDDK July 2015 – Prevention of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (PLUS). This is a multicenter, transdisciplinary consortium with 7 clinical sites and 1 data coordinating center. She is PI of this $2.75 million dollar 5 year grant. She has also taken on PI role for the NIH/NICHD Pelvic floor disorders network (PFDN) which is a multicenter clinical trials network ($3 million) that is in it’s 3rd cycle and has just reapplied for the 4th five year cycle.
- Rhonda Allen (Spring 2015 Grad), received a $998,787 CDMRP (Congressionally Directed Medica Research Program) research grant to study Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in pregnant women.
- Dr. Seanna Grob (Spring 2011 Grad), is Chief Resident and Director of the Ocular Trauma Service for Harvard Ophthalmology and Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in Boston, MA.