Graduate Application for Admission to UCSD
Upcoming Admissions Application Deadlines:
Week Classes Begin
| Summer Quarter 2013
|| April 30, 2013
||June 17, 2013
| Winter Quarter 2014
|| October 1, 2013
||January 2, 2014
ATTENTION APPLICANTS WHO PLAN TO COMPLETE THE PROGRAM IN ONE YEAR: Please insert into your Personal Statement your research intent for your Independent Study Project (ISP).
PLEASE NOTE: UCSD EMPLOYEES AND FELLOWS APPLY THROUGH THE CREST PROGRAM. Please contact Seble Chernet at email@example.com (858) 534-9163 to begin this process.
FOR ALL OTHER APPLICANTS:
THERE ARE TWO STEPS TO THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
If your Educational Background is:
1. BA/BS; MA/MS; Professional graduate degree; RN; PharmD; Clinical
Psychologist; or a Doctoral degree not related to Clinical Research.
Please fill out the “CONCURRENT ENROLLMENT”(pdf) application attached here (it is a writable pdf) and email, fax, or mail to the department.) This is a preliminary review step before qualifying to complete the on-line application for graduate admission. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No application fee is required at this time. In addition, a copy of all undergraduate and graduate course work/transcripts, a CV or resume, and three recommendation letters sent by recommenders directly to the department as an email attachment, fax to: 858-534-9168, or mailed. You can also send this information via mail (see addresses below). If you qualify for concurrent enrollment, then you can enroll in program classes for a 2-3 quarter trial period to determine if you qualify for official application and matriculation to graduate student status. You will be notified via email if you qualify for concurrent enrollment. Loans are available through Extension for students needing financial support.
If your Educational Background is:
2. MD (please note: if you have an MD or equivalent from an accredited foreign university please contact the department first: Krisztina Hershon email@example.com (858) 534-9164 to determine which application process you should pursue); Doctoral Degree related to Clinical Research; or current Medical School Student planning to take a one year leave to complete the MAS in Clinical Research: go directly to the on-line application for matriculation to graduate student status, although you are not guaranteed acceptance to the degree program.
Please fill out the On-Line Application Form provided by the UC San Diego Office of Graduate Studies at this link: UCSD Graduate Application for Admission.
1. Select "Clinical Research" for the Intended Department
2. Select "Clinical Research (AS79)" for the Intended Major
3. If applying as a "CORE" program participant, check the "CORE box" under the "special programs" section in online application.
For questions about the application process call (858) 534-9164.
Along with the on-line application for admission, an $80.00 non-refundable application fee must be paid with a major credit card at the time of submission.
In addition, on-line applicants must provide these supplemental documents:
• Statement of Purpose - part of the on-line graduate application process
• Original Letters of Recommendations (3) - Letters may be sent directly by recommender to academic department at address that follows or through the on-line graduate application process.
Please note: you may pay your fees and submit your completed application before all recommendation letters have been posted. You do not need to wait for all letters to be completed.
•Please upload scanned unofficial copies of academic records from all post-secondary institutions attended. Official copies of academic records must be sent to the department after admission to the program at address listed below.
• Current resume or C.V. (through on-line app process and emailed directly to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org)
• TOEFL scores (for international applicants)
1. Have your TOEFL scores sent directly from ETS, electronically to UCSD
using the institution code: 4836.
2. The TOEFL must have been taken within the last two years.
• GRE/GMAT results are not required for the MAS degree
PLEASE NOTE: This program is not eligible for an F1 student Visa.
* * * * * * * * * * *
Supplemental documents should be sent to:
Mailing Address via US Postal Service:
Office of Advanced Prof'l Education/Development
(Give this address to academic institutions FOR TRANSCRIPTS)
UCSD Extended Studies & Public Programs
9500 Gilman Drive, Mail Code: 0170X
University of California, San Diego
La Jolla, CA, 92093-0170
Mailing Address via Express Mail:
DO NOT SEND TRANSCRIPTS OR REGULAR MAIL TO THIS ADDRESS
Attention: Krisztina Hershon
La Jolla Village Professional Center
8950 Villa La Jolla Drive, Suite A-212
La Jolla, CA 92037
Tel: (858) 534-9164
Fax: (858) 534-9168